Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A week to myself, somewhat

The views from my hotel windows:





Karalygash met me at the hotel and we went back to the police station to finalize things, but they said I can't pick up my passport until the 25th. Ah, well. We went to the supermarket where I got some juice and things for the aparment and then I took a Black Market cab home. A black market cab is just some person who will drive you in their car to make some extra money. It was a clear day and on the way back to the apartment I finally could see the nuclear plant that's within the city, with the two large stacks like in The Simpsons dominating the skyline. I hadn't seen it before because the pollution is too thick most days.
The Family Z got all packed up and Karalygash's sister came by to help them get to the bus station. She'll be coming to stay sometimes while they're gone to check up on me.
Hey, you ever wanted to see Spongebob Squarepants in Chinese? Me neither, but here it is anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment