Tuesday, March 10, 2009

You know what pandas eat for lunch, they eat bamboo...

Most of the day was spent running errands. The bus here is even more crowded than in Urumqi, which makes sense, but my God! So many people! The subway is incredibly convenient and easy to navigate. Dr. Z's computer need fixing, so I can now give you a very detailed description of the Mac repair office. We found a great vegetarian restaurant(Buddhist monastary style) with really delicious food and spent a good amount of time in a large bookstore. Finally I made it to the zoo...forty-five minutes before it closed. I decided to go straight to the Panda house, where all the pandas were already inside their enclosures and most were sleeping. I did spy a couple of them eating. I think a return trip is in order.





Pretty Pretty Panda









This part of the zoo reminded me of Manito. It's an incredibly large zoo, and at this time of the early evening most of the animals were inside, so I didn't see anything other than the pandas and these swans. I did see signs for an aquarium, though, which excites me. I love aquariums!

No comments:

Post a Comment